- Job Title
- Collections Handler
- Full Time
We are currently looking for a passionate and motivated individual to join us in the role of Collections Handler within our Credit Services division; this is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in the insurance industry. To be successful you will need the drive required to meet and exceed customer expectations, build internal and external relationships and deliver service excellence.
Basic Purpose and Function
- To pro-actively chasing outstanding debt in relation to credit services provided
- Promote the corporate image of the Company and the Company’s clients through the provision of the highest level of service quality at all times
- To efficiently chase outstanding debts by telephone, fax, letter and email
- To follow the process flow throughout the lifecycle of the claim
- Accurately maintain records of customer contact and diarising follow up contact
- Accurately deal and liaise with other internal departments on any associated queries raised
- Liaise with other departments and employees as appropriate to ensure the efficiency of the recovery process
- Developing good working relations with all contacts in order to meet customer and regulatory requirements
- Always working towards achieving department/personal SLA’s and targets
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 months previous experience of working within the insurance industry environment.
- Persuasive communicator and negotiator – able to deal with awkward situations in a calm and friendly manner.
- A positive and self-confident approach displaying composure under pressure when dealing with third parties and customers as representatives of the Company.
- Ability to utilise sales techniques when dealing with third party insurers to ensure the quick recovery of our outlay.
- The ability to recognise and deal with problematic claims and or refer them to more senior members of staff for appropriate action.
- Well organised and able to work with little supervision.
- A willingness to offer suggestions where problems may be identified.
- Understanding of ABI GTA
- Understanding of hire rates
- Good telephone manner
- Good keyboard skills
- Microsoft Office – basic
- Results Focus
- Client Focus
- Developing Self and Others
- Problem Solving
- Quality Focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Systems of Work
- Handling Systems
- Insurance Knowledge/ ABI/GTA (Desirable)
- Claims Handling Knowledge (Desirable)
- Hire Rates Knowledge
- Sales Techniques
To apply, please email us here with a copy of your CVApply